Thursday, September 18, 2008

Last weekend I joined, for the first time, the annual Kennington antelope hunt! Billy had been looking forward to this weekend for a long time. You would have thought it was Christmas. He was so excited that he couldn't sleep the night before. We all piled in three trucks and headed off early Saturday morning. We all started together but at the sign of the first heard the trucks bumped to a hault and doors flew open and out jumped men in orange and all of them shooting! I thought it was a lot of fun myself. Eventually we all split up. Taylor, Stacy and little Macer came with me and Billy. It didn't take long before we came around the corner, slammed on the breaks and Billy was out the door and up a hill before I knew what was going on. I saw him shoot at the top of the hill but didn't see it hit. He was pretty excited but his hunting lasted all of about 30 minutes. It was such a fun day driving through bumps and sagebrush chasing these crazy animals all day. Here is a picture of Billy with his trophy. I'm afraid this might be my new friend hanging on the wall here soon. :)




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man that sounds like crazy hunting but so fun at that same time! Sounds like there is just some much going on all over the place! Nice job on your trophy Billy!

Amy said...

Good work Billy! I have never been hunting. Sounds like a good time, that is if I could be watching and not shooting! ;)

Glenae said...

Looks like the Kenningtons have a great time hunting - defintely a different style of hunting. Do you like the meat, or does everyone jerk it.?

School Links said...

Wow that looks like fun! Great job Billy. I love the whole family picture. I looks like a great time.

Kory-Good job Billy that sounds like a lot of fun. I miss that a lot!

Brady and Jenna said...

what a fun tradition...sounds as crazy as Allred Thanksgiving! Yay