Thursday, September 11, 2008

Billy the kid's 101

Here it is. Sorry it took me forever. Hope you enjoy….
1- I was born on Jan. 1. That’s right the New Year’s baby. You always see the New Year’s baby on the front page of the newspaper with all these gifts from the hospital around them. That wasn’t the case when I was born. That was the only year the hospital didn’t give the parents presents. Bummer huh?
2- I was born in Afton, Wyoming and soon after the rents moved to Riverton, Wyoming. We were only there a short time and then moved to Mountain View, Wyoming for a few years. After a while Mom and Dad moved back to “God’s Country” and I grew up in Afton.
3- I used to be a morning person, but now I’m getting a little lazy and like to sleep in.
4- I’ve noticed, especially since starting grad school, how much more sleep I need every night. I must be getting old or something.
5- I have three brothers and one adorable sister.
6- I am 22 years old and that would make me second in the pecking order.
7- I used to be the tallest in our family until I came home from my mission and now I think that the two younger brothers have passed my up.
8- My Dad is my hero!
9- I wish so bad that we could do things like we used to do.
10- I remember one time I was sitting in a class in high school and Dad came through the door and pulled me out and took me hunting. It was the best!
11- My parents never missed a game that I played in. Whether it was school ball, church ball, or city league one of them was always there.
12- My Mom is the sweetest, nicest lady I know.
13- I know she would do anything for anyone of her children. She’s the best!
14- I love her croissant rolls.
15- I’m a worrier and I guess I get that from my mom.
16- I am the skinniest of all my family. I’m 5’ 11’ and weigh 143 pounds. It’s not fare! Ha Ha I would do anything for 20 pounds! I’ve kind of given up on that one.
17- I love country music and I think I’m converting April!
18- In high school I dated two of the Draney grand daughters and after the mission married the third. (I guess I have a thing with Draney girls!)
19- April is the best thing that has ever happened to me.
20- I love her more than anything and am so excited to spend eternity with her.
21- December 21, 2007 was the best day of my life!!!!!!!! It was the day I married my best friend!!!!!
22- We were married in the same room in the Logan temple that my parents were.
23- We hope to move back to Star Valley one day and buy or build a house between our parents.
24- I love coming home to a clean house, folded laundry, and the smell of dinner in the oven. My wife is an amazing! She’s everything that I’ve always dreamed o f!
25- I love me and Ape’s heated games of Egyptian Rat Killer. I’m sure you can hear us screaming down the street. Our neighbors probably think we’re crazy.
26- April ended my winning streak the other night so I’m going to have to challenge her again here shortly!
27- I have the best family in law! (I just love all of you and count you as my own!)
28- I love looking at everyone’s blog and seeing all the nieces and nephews.
29- My favorite color is blue.
30- I have an addiction with sweet ties.
31- I can’t wait to go back to Korea and get way sweet ties for like 2 bucks.
32- My biggest pet peeve is when people snore! I hate it!
33- I know how crazy it is, but I enjoy public speaking.
34- I would rather give a talk in public than sing.
35- I’ve always wanted to ride bulls. Dad never would let me and I guess it was a good thing.
36- I grew up on a ranch and love everything to do with the outdoors.
37- I thought I was going to die this summer being stuck in a classroom all day!
38- It was way cool and interesting, however, having the opportunity to dissect cadavers and learning human anatomy.
39- I broke my first horse when I was 15.
40- During high school I worked for two fencing companies and Call gravel. I got to drive all sorts of cool things like: front end loaders, dozers, graders, tract hoes, dump trucks and skid loaders.
41- I’m an outgoing person who likes to meet new people. I guess you could say that I’m somewhat of a social person.
42- I always have to be doing something. Lounging around drives me crazy.
43- A couple of months ago we bought a grill for a dollar at a garage sale. Grilling and BBQ has quickly becoming one of my favorite past times.
44- McKell’s dutch oven is the best! I can’t wait to have it again.
45- I love just taking time from the craziness of everyday life and just going on a walk or a bike ride with April.
46- I have this obsession for hunting anything that moves. (I’m addicted like Kory!)
47- I learned how to load and shoot a rifle when I was four.
48- Most of my fondest memories are with my dad and brothers up Grey’s River chasing huge bucks and Dad always shooting them. He’s so lucky!
49- We are going antelope hunting this weekend and I’m stoaked!
50- Before I die I want to go on a safari hunt in Africa and red stag hunting in New Zealand. (Kory how about we go together!?!)
51- I have also always dreamed of the day that I can take my Dad to Alaska and hunt Dahl sheep.
52- I’m so jealous of my older brother because he finally drew for a moose tag this year.
53- I love Chevy trucks.
54- I am an avid fly fisher.
55- Bait fishing drives me crazy!
56- I caught a ten pound brown on the Salt River with a dry fly.
57- I graduated from high school in 2004.
58- I’ve love politics.
59- I try to follow the polls and debates daily.
60- Sometimes it gets me in more trouble, but I’m always willing to voice my opinion.
61- I served a mission in Pusan, South Korea.
62- I’ve eaten some pretty crazy things other there including: sea cucumbers, squid, jelly fish, shark, whale, horse, dog, and cat. (Pretty much everything was weird, but I learned quickly not to ask what it was, just eat it.)
63- I spent six months on a tropical island called Jejudo and could listen to the ocean crash on the rocks all night from our apartment. It was sweet.
64- I have size 9.5 feet.
65- My most embarrassing was one night over at the Allred house. So there we were….. eating popcorn or something and McKell hands me a glass of milk. At this point April started to laugh. I had no idea what was going on so I took a drink. It went all over me! I was so embarrassed. Come to find out McKell had purposely giving me a dribble glass. I don’t think Mckell, Glenae, or April stopped laughing for ten minutes! I wanted to die.
66- I was in a car wreck five days after I got home from the mission. I broke my arm and wrist in like 15 places.
67- They told me after a five hour surgery that I probably would never regain function in my left hand.
68- I hated therapy!
69- I don’t know what I would have done if Heavenly Father hadn’t sent me an angel to get me through that ordeal. (I love you April!)
70- A few weeks after we had started dating, Mckell and Elder Woods (a general authority) gave me a blessing and my wrist hasn’t hurt since.
71- I am able to do anything that I used to.
72- I went to Snow College in central Utah.
73- This summer I started a professional program in Occupational Therapy through the University of North Dakota.
74- It’s been kind of crazy with the work load but I just keep telling myself that it will be so worth it in the end.
75- I was asked to represent the program at the Wyoming Occupational Therapy Association’s annual conference in two weeks.
76- I will graduate with a master’s degree in 2011.
77- I hope to be a hand therapist and eventually own my own clinic in Star Valley.
78- We have pink carpet in our computer room.
79- My family are all Wyoming fans.
80- I married into family that are BYU fans.
81- I just don’t know where I stand anymore. Ha Ha maybe Yoming?
82- I want to go with McKell to a BYU-Wyoming game.
83- I want to see Wyoming beat BYU!
84- I’ve never been able to spell. Thank heaven for spell check!
85- I love to go to movies with Ape!
86- I love shakes at Johnny J’s!
87- My favorite food is pretty much anything accept olives, tomatoes or beats!
88- I’ve been to Mexico and Korea.
89- States that I’ve been in are: Wyoming, Idaho, Utah, New Mexico, Arizona, Texas, Colorado, Montana, Nevada, California, Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, New York, and Florida.
90- Hopefully April and I can travel. I want to see the world!
91- I want to go to Hawaii, Philippines, Alaska, New Zealand, and back to Korea.
92- I want to go on a cruise.
93- I’m a very competitive person
94- I’m almost done.
95- I talk and walk in my sleep. Not lately though.
96- I can’t wait to be a Dad.
97- I wish that my wife didn’t have headaches.
98- I don’t like to chew gum
99- I wish everyone lived closer!
100- I can’t wait to see everyone together!
101- I’m done!

9 comments:

Glenae said...

Great list - I'm glad you did one. I will be careful with olives and tomatoes!!! You're Mom IS the sweetest. A BYU-WY game could be dangerous for our family.

McKell said...

I love reading those comments. I love the dribble glass story. So greatful you came into the life of April and therefore ours.

Keep up the studies, it will be worth it. Your a great son-in-law.

sami jo and ryan said...

fun list billy! it was fun getting to know ya a little better.

Amy said...

Great list. I learned a lot about you, seeing how I haven't ever met you yet! Sounds like April got a good guy!

Stephanie said...

I really liked reading your and April's lists they were fun. I am old so I feel like I don't know a lot about my younger cousins and especially their husbands :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Billy!

Nice list - you are a great little hubby to my little sis and I love you for it! Summer has a picture of you and April and she will sometimes ask, Where Billy go? She must love you too!

School Links said...

You are a great addition to the extended family, it sure wouldn't be the same without you I am so glad you and Ape are together you are a great couple and I am happy for you both. Hang in there with school it WILL be worth it. One day at a time and before you know it you'll be on your last semester. Loved your list.

Luke and Kimmy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
School Links said...

Good post Billy. Sounds good going hunting together in Africa.