Sunday, November 1, 2009

A Zombie and A Fairy

Our Halloween costumes never really correlate. They are always last minute things we do so this year Billy was a Zombie and I was a Fairy. Next year hopefully we can think of something early enough so people actually know we are together. Billy had a project to promote the Occupational Therapy program, so I tagged a long and we went to a Halloween carnival at the college. Along with candy we slipped an OT pamphlet into their bags so the parents would see it. They had buckets of peeled grapes for eyeballs, noodles for brains, pretzals for bones, and cherries in jelly for blood. And they had to guess what each one really was. It was fun to see all the 200 kids that came through the carnival.

I think my favorite was a little girl dressed up as Cruela DeVille. She had the black and white wig, the fur coat and everything. Before the kids stuck their hands in the buckets we had them put on hand sanitizer. NO germs! And this little girl held out her hands and said, "Hold my rings!" So I took them off for her and gave her the germ X. We all giggled at her a little and she looked at us and said all smugly "Please don't laugh at me," and went on her way. Talk about playing your halloween character!

I did Billy's makeup and if I do say so myself, he looked pretty creepy.
How would you like to see this in your rearview mirror at night?!
A Zombie wearing a seatbelt... :)


I thought it was fun to wear the eyelashes. I've always wanted to try them. Although they almost drove me insane!...they were pretty fun. Although I think the glue that came with it was close to super glue...not fun to yank off.


I don't know if you can see this video very well, but at the carnival they had a fog bubble machine! It was the coolest thing I've ever seen. It was a regular fog machine but along with the fog were these big gray bubbles. I thought they were large ping pong balls at first. But then they pop when you touch them. I had to get a video so you can see how cool it is. I could have played with this all night.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute fairy Mommy! You're eye looks so pretty!

Anonymous said...

So fun! So I've decided and I'm sure more will agree but you should post a baby bump picture! :D How is the pregnancy going anyway?? I think you'll be having a girl or maybe TWINS! :)

Amy said...

Cute costumes! I have always wanted to try those eyelashes too!

Clay and Joni Kennington said...

Fun costumes! I see that the fairy has a cute baby bump. How exciting! Keep us posted!