Sunday, November 15, 2009

Half Way!

I can't believe I am already 20 weeks along! 5 months! I will actually be 20 weeks in a couple days but oh well I'm calling it 20. I'm half way there and I know the second half won't be anything like the first half but I'm excited!

I started feeling the baby at 16 weeks! It was about 3:00 in the morning and I was half asleep when I felt it and I couldn't go back to sleep for about an hour I was too excited. The first few times I felt it, it was for sure a kick. I had no idea it would be so strong and it would scare me everytime! But now I feel mostly the little flutters and twisting around in there. It is so awesome. Billy was able to feel it kick last night for the first time. I don't think he was expecting it to be as strong as it was and was very surprised. He yelled, "IT'S ALIVE!" haha. Ever since I started feeling it I fall sleep with my hand on my stomach so I can feel it. It just makes it all seem so much more real now.

We get to find out what we are having a week from Tuesday! The 24th is when I'm scheduled. I will actually be 21 weeks because Billy couldn't come if it was this week. He is at a clinical all week long. I can't even tell you how excited I am to find out! It's been fun to see the votes on what people think it will be. If you haven't voted please do!

So far I love being pregnant. The sickness is over and I am very glad for that. I have a very strong sweet tooth. (But only for candy, not for desserts. Kinda strange) I have been very surprised at how much my back and hips hurt already. I've been told a few times that I already walk like I'm 9 months along. Then I turn around and have this tiny belly. Yikes. It all started hurting around 11 weeks. Not looking forward to what it will feel like when I'm really 9 months.
Here are just a couple pics of the last few weeks.




17 Weeks
20 weeks. (Today after church) People are starting to notice! :)

10 comments:

Brittany said...

April you are the most adorable little pregnant woman ever! I have your maternity shirt and a bunch of stuff from when I was pregnant that you can borrow. Jeans, capri's and a bunch of tops. I'll bring them in December for you! I can't wait to find out if it's a boy or a girl. When Kelly and I talk about it, I always call her a "her"...I guess I think it's going to be a girl!

Anonymous said...

Soooo cute. Can't believe you are so tiny still, but are starting to get a cuty tiny bump! I'm counting the days till next Tuesday...I will be hanging around my phone all day waiting for ya!

Natayle Brown said...

April you are so cute pregnant! I have to say you are TINY though - I look as big as your 17 week picture already (I think I've put on a few pounds..) Can't wait to hear if its a boy or girl! It's amazing - don't you just thank God every day that the baby is one more day closer to the due date? Ah, I'm just super excited for you!

Glenae said...

What a cute baby bump - but you are still tiny. That's because you don't have any fat on top, it is all baby!! And that's good :) Can't wait until the 24th. I am going to have a hard time calling it a "he" if its a boy. I still think its a girl. See ya soon.

Anonymous said...

Super cute! I can't believe how tiny you are. ha I was huge at this point. You are carrying very nicely. When I was pregnant with my little girl I had the biggest sweet tooth for OREOS! ha I think you'll have a girl! Whatever you have though will be adorable and super cute! Can't wait to hear what your little peanut is!

Jared & Courtney Jackson said...

You are so super cute! I love how tiny you are still.(like everyone says.) Such a wonderfully exciting time for you!

Jess & Talya said...

You are such a cute pregnant lady! You carry beautifully and are totally glowing! I'm excited for you guys! I remember feeling her inside moving and kicking, and I LOVED it until about the last month... then it just straight up hurts! But I'm excited to see pics of him/her. Good luck with the back and hip pain... you are so tiny that I'm sure it will kill towards the end, but it is so worth it!

emily said...

well if we listen to what they say about eating habits. You are having a girl & we are having a boy. We find out tomorrow! Good luck at your apt next week. We'll cross our fingers for you. What do you guys want, besides a healthy baby. Do you have a guess?

Hepworth Family said...

April you are the cutest pregnant woman ever!! Oh you are darling! I also think that you deserve to go shopping for pants. And maybe a few cute shirts!

annasibb said...

I miss you so much!!! Glad to know all is going well! Those first movements and all the ones after are so much fun! You look cute as always! Give me a call some time to catch up and let me know what you are having!