Sunday, June 7, 2009

So one of the things on our summer list was to got to Independence rock. Billy has never been there and since we live so close it was a must. We would still like to make it to Martens Cove sometime soon too. It is such an amazing place. So we drove out there and hiked straight up and we had the whole huge rock to ourselves! Fun place to play!




It really is straight up! Sorry the pics turned out a little blurry

It was fun to look at all the carvings in the rock and find old dates.
There were some engravings that seriousely looked like caligraphy. Thats talent


4 comments:

Jake said...

Looks like fun. That first picture reminds me of Morla from the movie Neverending story

Anonymous said...

I've never been there either. Looks like a a cool place! I love the last picture of you.

Brittany said...

That looks like a lot of fun. I would like to go there sometime but I think I would be scared to climb up the rock!

Amy said...

Cool. Love all the pics!