Sunday, June 14, 2009

AWESOME Lightening Storm!

I don't know about anyone else but we got one CRAZY storm here last night. I've never been in anything like it in my life! We walked out of the movie and it was raining really hard then we got in the car and started driving and the sky was black everywhere we could see! It was lightening in every direction. One would got off every second I swear. Then it started to rain even harder and then hail. We were afraid there would be dents in our car. It was seriously a storm from the movies. There was one point on the drive home on Wyoming Blvd that I grabbed Billy's hand because it got so bad we could only see if the lightening was close enough. :) I was just a tad nervous for a sec. I was glad when we got home. I got some video of it, but don't get to excited the video doesn't do a smidgen of justice. I guess you just had to be in it.

We got home and ran to our neighbors front porch to watch the rest of the show. He said that while we were in the movie there was a funnel cloud or two and the tornado sirens went off too. I didn't even know we had them.

I took like 15 videos trying to get a good one.

So that was our world last night and then we wake up this morning to beautiful blue skys and nothing is even remotely wet. Guess it was a much needed storm .

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow...that was really cool! Those are my absolute favorite things to watch, especially if it has loud, scary thunder!

Amy said...

So cool! I love watching lightning, from a safe place anyways! Awesome!

jodie said...

Sounds like an Iowa storm! We usually get three or four of those really bad ones each spring. You never know how crazy it can be until you experience one, huh!