Sunday, June 21, 2009

Water World!!

Yay!! We FINALLY got to go to Water World in Denver! We tried going last summer and got all the way down there and it just rained and rained. There was only a 10% chance of rain for this Friday so we weren't going to pass it up! It was storming like crazy Thursday night when we drove to Denver though.

We couldn't have asked for a better day to go. It was prefect! We got there right when they opened and only left 30 min before they closed so we could beat the rush. Since I couldn't take my camera all over, I got some pics off the internet of some of the rides.

This is the revolution. It was pretty fun. We had to wait for 45 minutes and here I am getting all nervous like I do before every ride and we could hear everyone screaming as they go down. But the ride was probably under a minute and I'm not sure it was worth our precious time. but not bad.
This was one of our favorite rides. You can race with six people on mats. We LOVED it! The line went fast so you could just keep going. Billy and I were getting competitive. I would always beat him out of the tubes but then somehow on the way down he would cruise right past me laughing. We were talking about how we could see Dad, Kory, Aaron, Dal, Kelly, and Billy having a major tournament with this slide. Maybe next years reunion. :)

Billy went on one of these crazy slides that I think is more of a free fall then a slide.
Some rides were more relaxing,
but only after you hauled your huge
tube all the way to the top of it. hah
These are the only pictures we got of us for the day.
This is in the parking lot all excited and ready to go go go...

And.....

This is after. Amazing what 7 and 1/2 hours
of sun water and lots of walking can do to a body.
But we had an awesome time and hit almost
every ride there.
Mmmm...even got my cotton candy. I will always love that stuff.
Saturday we woke up and went to the temple and while we were there we saw my best friend ever! Josie! We were so surprised to see each other there!

So now our long awaited weekend is over but we had so so much fun and are glad that it didn't rain on us!

5 comments:

Glenae said...

Looks like you had a fun time. And imagine meeting Josie there!! I'll bet you were surprised.

Brittany said...

Wow that sounds like an awesome weekend!!! There is a water world about 40 minutes from my parents house and we always had so much fun going there. I'm glad the weather was nice for you guys!

Stephanie said...

That sounds so fun! I love water parks.

Hepworth Family said...

It looks like you guys had more than fun . . . like you had a BLAST!! I can see you and Billy both being competitive over the slide! You guys are just so cute together!
That's so neat that you met up with Josie at the temple too. What a fun weekend!

Amy said...

Oh that looks like an awesome water park!! If you guys do the Mckell Allred reunion there, can I be invited???