Tuesday, November 2, 2010

7 Month Pics




It's been fun watching Trayson learning new things that last little while. He loves eating cheerios, grahmn crackers, and little puffs. He hasn't quit figured out how to get that little cheerio stuck in his fist into his mouth yet though. He loves taking baths in the big tub. He isn't crawling yet but he rolls wherever he wants to go. A couple times he has rolled completely under the futon and was playing inside. He's such a cutie and we have so much fun with him! The other day he was playing with toys on the floor and I said, "Trayson...I love you." And just as clear as day and in the exact same tone and inflection that I did he babbled..." I uh yoo" I'm glad Billy was there to hear it. We were shocked. It sounded like he mimicked me exactly. It was pretty awesome.
The last couple weeks have been pretty crazy for us. We have become very close to our neighbors ,the Romeros, the few years that we've been here. They have been so great to us we've pretty much adopted them as our second parents. They've had such a fun time watching Trayson grow up. Tammy Romero found out she had breast cancer about a year and a half ago ( around there I don't really know). And the last 7 months she has been struggling with her health. It has been so much fun for Trayson and I to have her right next door. Whenever I was bored or needed to get out of the house, we would walk into her house and go in her bedroom and sit on her bed and talk to Tammy for a while. I think Trayson always made her feel better.
We spent hours on her front deck talking and playing with little Tray. She slowly was getting worse and having a hard time walking so the past few months I had been driving her to appointments each week.
The past few weeks she was feeling so much better. She didn't need her cane to walk, she drove herself to town, and she was just feeling pretty good.
Thursday the 14th we drove home to Star Valley around 4:00 and that day I was busy getting everything packed and ready to go. I had just come back from getting some things from Wal mart when I pulled in the drive way and saw Tammy sitting on the deck. I had so much that I still needed to do in the couple hours before we left. I almost just said Hi and went inside to get busy, but I felt like I should go talk to her just for a minute. Well just a minute turned into half an hour or longer. She also got to hold wiggly crazy Trayson for the first time in a long time all by herself. This made her sooooo happy. I'm so glad I took the time to talk to her that day even though I had other things to do because that was the last time I talked to her.
We came home Tuesday night and early Wednessday morning Dave came over to our house and told us that Tammy was in the hospital. She had gotten worse everyday that weekend and wasn't eating or drinking. That day he called us again and told us that Tammy was expected to only live 3 days. We were able to go see her in hospice a couple times before she died. I was shocked at how much she had deteriorated in just a few days. She wasn't responsive and you could tell she was struggling. But I'm glad we at least got to see her. Tammy passed away on Friday Oct 22 surrounded by her family.
We really miss her and it's hard to think that she is gone. I'm grateful to know that I will see her again someday. She was a great friend to us we loved her very much.
On a happier note!...Billy is getting closer to being done with school! About the second week in December he will be done with classes. Then we will move to Star Valley! I will be living with my parents while Billy will be back and forth from Evanston doing his last internship and the State Hospital there. We are excited to have a change but we will really miss many people here in Casper.

No comments: