Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The Whole Story

The past few days have been pretty crazy! But they also have been some of the funnest I've ever had. We are so in love with our little Trayson and could not be happier. Just a warning this is a VERY long post, but the pics at the end are worth it! So here is the whole story from start to finish.

I am still amazed at how perfect the timing was. It couldn't have worked out better if we planned it. I wanted my Mom to be able to be with me through the delivery and she is 6 hours away from us. I have been praying for a long time that everything would work out where she could be there and the roads would not be bad and she wouldn't have to drive in the middle of the night. So last week I was talking to her and she just felt like she should come on Wednesday. So my Mom and my Dad both drove down on Wednesday and got here around 4:00. And wouldn't you know....contractions started at 5:00. They weren't painful just uncomfortable and would come every 5 to 6 mintues. I have had tons of braxton hicks contractions most of my pregnancy so it was a normal feeling. We didn't feel like waiting around to see if they got stronger so we ordered a pizza and then went to a movie. Through out the movie they were still consistant and were getting stronger. We went home and packed our last few things and decided that it wouldn't hurt to go check it out. I really didn't think it was the real thing yet.

We got to the hospital at 12:00 and I had only dialated 1/2 a centimeter since my Dr appointment that afternoon. So in 7 hours of contractions, not much had happened. The Dr on call told me to go walk for an hour and see if anything happened. I could tell my contractions were getting stronger but there were still no changes. Thankfully the nurse talked the Dr. into coming in because she thought I was for sure in labor. I'm am very grateful that the nurse didn't send us home because by the time we got into our labor room the contractions were much stronger and the pain meds she gave me only seemed to work for 10 minutes at a time. The nurse asked if I wanted my epidural now. I was still only at 4 centimeters. The pain was tolerable and I didn't feel that I needed it but I told them to get it coming so I wouldn't have to wait if I was desperate. I'm also glad that I did this because by the time the anesthesiologist actually got there I was dialated to a 9 and was getting pretty desperate. Trayson was posterior so it was causing pretty bad back labor. There were 2 other women that got an epidural before me so I had to wait my turn. My water hadn't broke yet and I was praying that it wouldn't until I got the epidural. I got the epidural just before 6. He did an awesome job...even though he seemed to really take his time.

After that I was feeling much better but could still feel the contractions. The Dr. came in and broke my water. I couldn't start pushing yet because he was still up to high. So I had to labor down for two hours and let the contractions move him down more. A little after 8 I was ready to push and because he was posterior they had me lay on one side and push then lay on the other side and push to try and get him to turn the right way. After an hour and a half of pushing the Dr. decided we needed some help so he used the forceps. In all honesty for having an epidural I felt a lot more than I wanted to, but it was do-able. So with the forceps and an episiotomy my little boy was born at 9:19 in the morning on April 1st. April Fools!

It was the most incredible experience when I saw my little guy. I was absolutely in love right from the start. They just wouldn't give him to me fast enough. I was sitting there with my arms out to him until they gave him to me. I'm sure it was only a few seconds but it was driving me crazy! The poor little guy was a little beat up from using the forceps as you can see in the pics I posted last time.

It also worked out great because my Dad was able to see Trayson that morning before he left for Star Valley. Again, we couldn't have planned it better. And I am so grateful for the support that my husband and my Mom gave me through out the whole thing. I couldn't have done it without them.

I just can't even explain how much I love little Trayson. He is so special and such a sweetie. It has melted my heart to see Billy fall in love with Trayson even though he is a "newborn" and can't play baseball. The first night home was pretty rough but they are getting better. Well sorry for the novel but I know some were thirsting for all the juicy details!

All curled up in his boppy


So in love

12 comments:

LeBaron Family said...

So cute and congrats!
The first two weeks are hard with any new baby and I've had two. Cherish every moment because they grow and change so much!
I'm excited for you and Billy!

Kayla and Jordon Heap said...

you are the cutest mom ever! congrats april i am so happy for you :) and can't wait to meet him!

Brittany said...

I'm IN LOVE with that picture of him in the boppy. Dax was posterior too and I always wondered why they had me push on my side...now I know! I can't wait to cuddle with the little guy. The first nights are hard until you get into the swing of things...hang in there. I love you Ape! See you soon.

Clay and Joni Kennington said...

I love the pic of Trayson on his boppy. He has full little cheeks. He's just adorable! We are so excited to meet the new little guy. Hope things are going smoothly. It can be a little rough at first.

Anonymous said...

I love the story. That is awesome that is worked out so great! I had the same problem; major back labor and had to have her vacuumed out. He is such a cutie and so tiny! Treasure these moments they really go by soo fast! I swear I was just bringing MaKaela home and she is a year now. Congrats again!!

Natayle Brown said...

Oh April! It sounds like everything turned out about as close to perfect as it could have! He is so adorable and you make a great mommy. I am so happy for you and Billy.

emily said...

Oh man I have so many questions about labor & the epidural. I really wish we could visit. I'm glad that things went so well. He sure is cute!

Karri Warren said...

Ah, So cute!!! I am so glad that he got here. It is the best feeling in the world to have your newborn in your arms. Cherish every moment!!!

Gardiner said...

That is a great story! Too bad about the forceps but could have been a lot worse! Congrats! I am so happy for you guys. He is way cute!

The French Way said...

Oh what perfect timing. I'm glad everything worked out for you. He sure is adorable. Hopefully one day i will meet him! Congrats and thanks for the novel...I'm one who was thirsting for it :)

Hepworth Family said...

I LOVE details thanks for sharing!
He is so adorable and you are SOOOO cute with him! I love the last post with pictures with his adoring parents so happy to have him here! What a tender mercy to have thing go so smoothly and to have your prayers answered that your Mom might be there with you. Treasure that moment. And treasure that little baby boy!

Amy said...

He is so so cute! Love the boppy picture!