Saturday, February 20, 2010

Pregnancy Pros and Cons

Things I like about pregnancy:
1. Tiny hiccups
2. Big kicks
3. Singing to him in the car
4. Actually looking pregnant
6. Back massages from Billy
7. Hearing his heartbeat
8. Decorating his room
9. Organizing his room
10. Folding and refolding his clothes
11. Constantly baby shopping online
12. Buying clothes
13. Looking forward to being a Mommy
14. Baby showers
15. Imagining what he will look/be/act like
16. Getting the “oh how special” look from old ladies.
17. Constantly having my hand resting on my belly so I don’t miss anything.
18. Just sitting in the rocking chair in his room
19. The excuse to take a nap whenever I want
20. The anticipation
21. Giving into cravings without feeling guilty (The baby told me too)
22. Thicker hair
23. Parking in the expectant mother’s parking spot at the mall.
24. Helping to bring a new life into the world.
25. Being part of a miracle


Things I won’t miss about pregnancy:
1. Back pain
2. Hip pain
3. Dizzy spells
4. Sore feet
5. Stretchmarks
6. Literally not being able to walk after a day at work
7. Being so sleepy
8. People telling me I look like I should be having twins.
9. People telling me the right way to have my baby
10. Hard core rib kicks. (They still make me smile though)
11. Can’t bend over
12. Can’t sleep
13. Can’t stop crying!
14. “Can’t breath!”
15. Leg suddenly giving out
16. Restless leg syndrome (yes it’s a real thing)
17. Stares from strangers, like they’ve never seen a pregnant lady before
18. Trying my hardest not to waddle in public
19. Icy sidewalks and stairs
20. My fast walk is slower than a turtle
21. Up half the night with contractions
22. Worrying that he’s okay when he’s still for a while


31 weeks
32 weeks

Only about 6 and 1/2 weeks until my due date! I can't believe it. I'm almost 34 weeks now. It will be here before we now it. I'm really having fun getting everything ready. I've had a long list of baby things and we've been wittling away at it for a while.
I have had a few nights where I have been up with contractions for four to five hours. But my Dr. checked everything and said that everything looked good and to come in if they were any worse than they had been. I haven't had any nights like that for a couple weeks. Just a few contractions here and there. Like last Sunday when I was giving a talk in church. I felt my face get really hot and I almost skipped to the end and sat down. But I decided that my talk was already short enough that I should finish. It wasn't the funnest thing though. I'm just glad that it's over. It was a long week worrying about that stupid talk...poor Billy. He has been wonderful to me. My Dr just had her baby a couple days ago so now she won't be there for a month. So he has to stay in there for at least that long!

10 comments:

Glenae said...

That's a good list. Your pros outnumbered your cons by 3!!! See you soon.

Lucas and Kelsey said...

Good list of things!!! even the cons....just wait the baby will get much bigger in the next month and then you will waddle even more and people with stare wore then now and the people will start asking you when your going to pop...like your a balloon. Hope you have better nights of rest...get them while you can cause when the baby comes they don't come very often...I worried all the time when Elizabeth stopped moving..."oh my whats wrong" they toldme that she was sleeping....you are going to do awsome!!! don't let people tell you how to give birth or how to raise your child...not worth the time of thinking about.....its going to be a great time in your life....oh labor hurts and thats all I'm going to say!!!!! So glad that we are friends and if you have any questions for a young mom just ask I don't mind at all!!!! have fun!

Lucas and Kelsey said...

Holy cow I wrote you a book...sorry!

Anonymous said...

The one about strangers staring at you like they've never seen a pregnant lady made me laugh! That's so true. Either you get the really sympathetic looks like they feel so bad for you or the ones that thing you look like an alien. I'm getting so anxious for your little guy to get here! Take care!

Karri Warren said...

Wow, I can relate to all of that. (when I was pregnant anyway.) I read a book called "belly laughs" by jenny macarthy that was HILLARIOUS. about the ranting and ravings of prego ladies. I read the whole thing in one night (it isn't very long) but it is very funny especially when you are prego. -by the way, you forgot one of the biggest cons: when complete strangers touch your belly like it is appropriate. Lol. It makes me want to reach over and touch there stomach and say "how do you like it?" lol. Congrats though. Babies are god's greatest gift. :)

Jared & Courtney Jackson said...

I love how positive you are about being prenant. I think you look adorable! especially in the rocking chair. I am so excited for you!

kendallandchelsi said...

haha i love that we're pregnant at the same time and that i can actually be experiencing some of these pros and cons as i read this!! you are so adorable april! cutest little belly=)

Chase and Kami said...

You are the cutest pregnant lady!

Anonymous said...

I just have to say you look darling! You don't look like you are having twins either. ha You were just sooo tiny before that you are all belly! You look great! This is the fun part, you are soo close to holding that little boy of yours!

محمد الكومي said...


شركة ورس بالاحساء
شركة ورس لمكافحة الحشرات بالاحساء
رقم ورس لمكافحة الحشرات